Honest, sincere, and often humorous, Steven Gellman has been performing his slice-of-life lyrics to audiences across the United States since the mid 1990s. He has been described by Billboard magazine as “intensely sensitive and impressively intelligent” and Gellman’s songwriting currently spans eight independent album releases. Some of his most esteemed original compositions include “Autumn’s Love Song”, “Blue on Blue”, “A Little Bit Fine” and “Goodbye, New Orleans”. Steve has also established his own independent record label and publishing company called Hidden Poet.
On stage, Gellman combines friendly banter with a sonorous, tenor voice that critics have compared to the late John Denver. Gellman has performed at acclaimed venues such as the Birchmere and Club Passim and has opened for the likes of Al Stewart, Richie Havens, Dar Williams, Cheryl Wheeler and others.
Here is a list of some of the songs Steven regularly performs:
- “The Boxer” – Simon & Garfunkel
- “Go” – Indigo Girls
- “Take It with Me” – Tom Waits
- “Mary” – Patty Griffin
- “Oh My Sweet Carolina” – Ryan Adams
- “If I Go, I’m Going” – Gregory Alan Isakov
- “Gold Dust Woman” – Fleetwood Mac
- “I Will Follow You Into the Dark” – Death Cab for Cutie
- “The Waiting” – Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- “My Hometown” – Bruce Springsteen
- “I Will Always Love You” – Dolly Parton
- “I Still Miss Someone (Blue eyes)” – Johnny Cash
Check out the Cornerstone music schedule for upcoming shows by Steven Gellman.